Nuffnang

Friday, May 20, 2016

Cutting Weight for BJJ Competition

ลดน้ำหนักสำหรับการแข่งขัน BJJ
CWBJJ-Cover
May 7th 2016, Copa De Bangkok, a BJJ competition here in BKK. Honestly this is my only 2nd tournament since I started BJJ for 1 year and 4 month. I know I should be doing more tournaments... Anyways, this time the weight class I applied for was -53.5… of course with Gi on. What does this mean… it means my weight need to be at… at least 51.5kg, plus the Gi, which is around 1.8-2kg…  OMG… this was going to be tough… I knew it since the day I registered.

CWBJJ01
At the moment when I applied, I was at 53-54 kg (depending on how much I eat… lol…). I really need to lose at least 2 kg. People say I should have just applied for the next weight class, which was -58.5kg. But hear my logic. Doing martial arts have already put me in an excusable situation to eat as much as I want and build muscles and be strong. Trust me, I eat more than most girls do. If I let myself go for -58.5kg… I felt like I was going soft on myself. So I decided I’m going to discipline myself… -53.5kg it is!


CLICK HERE to continue reading

No comments:

Post a Comment